Membership of the ISDR is open to all, from diatom enthusiasts, to students, academics, and professionals. Joining our Society gives you access to our journal – Diatom Research (both in hardcopy format, and electronically) – which is published twice a year by Taylor & Francis. The Society also run a biennial conference (in even years), the International Diatom Symposium. The conference is open to all, and as a member of the Society you will be entitled to a registration discount.
Society membership benefits include:
- Access to a global network of diatom experts
- A subscription to the Society’s journal – Diatom Research (renewable annually)
- Electronic access to the full complement of Diatom Research, back to Volume 1 (1986)
- Discounted rates for the biennial International Diatom Symposium
- Registered students and members from LDCs are eligible to apply for funding to attend the International Symposium
- Registered students receive a 30% discount from Koeltz Books
To join the International Society for Diatom Research please pay your subscription via our online payment system:
For membership queries please contact:
Dr Keely Mills (Treasurer)
We ask that all payments to the Society are made before the 31st January each year.
You have the right to cancel your membership and we kindly ask that you do this within fourteen (14) days of payment where you will receive a full refund to your account. You will need to contact the Treasurer (above) who will authorise the refund and deactivate your online account. Please remember that your subscription to the Society is for one (1) full calendar year (January to December) as this fits with the publishing schedule of our journal Diatom Research. Even if you pay later in the year, your subscription will end in December.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: Our new, secure payment provider STRIPE will enable recurring payments that will be taken, automatically from your registered card, during the month of January. If you do not wish to continue your subscription into the next calendar year, you must cancel your recurring payment NO LATER than 31 December.